Friday, October 30, 2015

Color Play Friday - Christmas Ornaments


Working on the draft all week, finished but forgot to press Publish, ugh!


Good Morning Hon,

It's Fridayyyyyy!  Whoop whoop!

I have been looking forward to this week's Color Play Friday the most so far!  Why you ask?  Because it involves my favorite time of year.  I get to look at some wonderful Christmas fabric.  This week's photo belongs to Lorinda.  She blogs over at Laurel and Pine.  Oh, wait, if you are not sure what Color Play Friday is hop on over to here, where Lorinda's explains it all (I've done so in previous weeks, but I'll do quick description page to, later).

As I said this week's color play gives me a chance to get into some Christmas fabric.  Squealllll!  I know, I know, we haven't even gotten through Halloween or started on Thanksgiving yet.  Of course, if you listen to the stores you started Christmas back in August.  You know I love any reason to dress up in costume, and I have a lot to be thankful for, butttttt, CHRISTMAS is my favorite time of year.  I love all the red and green colors, I love how people actually take the time to see that people around them are hurting and in need, I love the Christmas music on the radio, I love how giving people are, I love focusing on Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for us (which we should do year round), I love giving gifts, I love singing Christmas carols, I love shopping to find the perfect gift to make someone smile and feel that they are loved.  I just love CHRISTMAS time.  It's truly a joyous occasion.

So let's hop right into it.  This week's picture is from Lorinda and here is my color palette.

Christmas Ornaments:




Fabric and where I spotted them:

Berries & Blooms - Mistletoe Magic
Mary May  collection by Hoffman Fabrics

Starbursts
Aubade  collection by Michelle Engel Bencsko
for Cloud9 Fabrics

Starry Rhapsody
Holiday Inspirations  collection
from Fabric Traditions

Joyful Holiday Polka
Holly Jollies collection by Victoria Hutto
for Quilting Treasures

Circles & Swirls
Potpourri collection by Grace Pullen
for South Seas

 Birds & Pomegranates
Azuli collection by Julie Paschkis
for In The Beginning Fabrics

Chrysanthemum Petals
Changing Seasons collection by Ro Gregg of Paintbrush Studio
for Fabri-Quilt


Okay, okay!  I know the Birds & Pomegranates is not exactly Christmasy; but just look at them.  They are so cute, I just kept coming back to them.  I couldn't not include them.  They were calling out to me, over and over.  I simply had to include them.

Go check out Trina at In An Otter Life and Lorinda at Laural and Pine and see what cool color play palettes they came up with.

What craft or sewing project are you planning to make this Christmas.  Let me know, I'd love to read all about.

Goodbye for now loves, gotta finish making up this costume.  Who knew the whole year would breeze by before I could get started on our Halloween costumes.  Sigh.

Love and Shimmies,


No comments:

Post a Comment