Monday, October 12, 2015

MMM - One Pan Oven Bake

Hello Hon,

I hope that this Monday has found you are enjoying a wonderful day.

Well it's another week, it's another opportunity to start over and try again.  Last week was rough.  It had me feeling some kind of way (I've been hearing that saying for a while and waiting for the opportunity to use it, teehee).

So let's talk about today, it's Mystery Meat Monday (MMM).   A couple of weeks ago the boys were out and I was home trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  The problem was I did't feel like making dinner.  But they have to eat right?  So I thought let's do something quick and make it a one pot wonder.  Ummm.  As I looked around I kept saying, "No, not that", "No, we had that already"....  Finally, I remembered something new we bought on the last shopping trip.  THAT'S IT!  Really, that was it.  I ran to the freezer and pulled it out.  I put it on the counter and thought okay great.  Well, that's not going to be enough all on its own.  So I walked to the refrigerator and grab something and placed it on the counter.  Then I went to the pantry and grabbed something and placed it on the counter.  This was repeated many times until I felt, that's enough.  But it didn't seem like the stove-top was the place to put these ingredients.  And then it hit me.  Bake it.  I grabbed a few more items and a casserole dish, turned on the oven and just started putting it together.  Making it up as I went along.

So now my lovies, I share that quick dinner bake on the spot recipe with you.  Why, because my guys ate it all, no complaints, and complimented on how good it was.  Even the teenager, who I did not tell some of the ingredients to, thought it was good.  So what is it?  Well I don't have a name for it yet, so we'll just refer to it as "One Pan Oven Bake".   Not only was it easy but there are only 6 ingredients.

Disclaimer ~ I took pictures of each step.  Why?  So I would not have to type a lot, and a picture is easily absorbed.  And because there are no measurements for you to have to follow.  Your welcome:

 I will type out the ingredients for you:


  • Daily Chef Steamable Normandy Blend (at Sam's, shhhhh don't tell the teenager)
  • Tyson Grilled Ready Chicken Breast Strips
  • Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
  • French's CHEDDAR French Fried Onions
  • Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa
  • Great Value Mild Cheddar & Monterey  Jack Shredded Cheese

Sundried Tomato Halves are in the picture, but I forgot to use them.  So, you can try them if you like.






 And you'll need you favorite baking dish.  I'm cooking for a small family so this was big enough and no one here really eats leftovers.  If you have a large family, you'll need double the ingredients and a bigger dish.  And a salad.
                                                                     

Preheat the oven at:
















Follow the pictures from here:








                                              




















Place in preheated oven and back for 29 minutes, originally.




Times up!


Now, although the chicken was pre-cooked, I still wanted it at poultry heating range.



So, I placed it back in the oven and increased the temperature. 

And sent the timer again.  

Times up, the second time.

Now that's the temperature for a thoroughly cooked chicken dish.
BAMM!  There is dinner hot and ready.  Got some healthy stuff in it, got some cheese, got some bacon, aaahhh, yummmmm!

That my dear, was one delicious dinner, per the boys of course.

I hope you get a chance to try it, come back and let me know how you liked it.  Of course, you can add more things to it that your family likes.  If you , let me know what!

Love and Shimmies,



No comments:

Post a Comment