Friday, December 11, 2015

Color Play Friday: Kris Kringle

Hello Hon,

Welcome back to Color Play Friday, a new reason to love Friday's.  It's good to be back focusing on something that brings me sheer joy.  I've missed it the last couple of weeks.  If you don't know what Color Play Friday is all about then check out my CPF Rules tab here for all the details of how we do it.

I should play catch up and finish the last 2 week's photos.  But to do that would interfere with me finishing this week's.  I definitely wan to get it done, especially since this will be the last one for this year.  There will not be color play on December 18th and 25th, which means no more color play for this year.  Yikes, I think I am going to have to play around with something to keep in the habit of posting on Fridays.  I can't not do anything, geez, that would be too long of a time for me to miss posting.  Umm, maybeeeee I will catch up on the two I missed for those two weeks.  I really did love that Frost photo and really wanted to do it.  Yeah, that sounds like a plan huh?  

Well let's get to this weeks photo.  It was chosen by Trina over at In An Otter Life and taken by Lorinda over at Laurel and Pine.  It's actually the perfect picture to end the year, considering this month is Christmas.  I love Christmas decorations and of course I love all things shiny and glittery.  

Here we go, Color Play Friday - Kris Kringle:




Heavy Metal Collection by Whistler Studio
Windham Fabrics print


Loom Exquisite Textiles

Cuddle Plush Fabrics

Cotton fabric for Bedding home textile,Sewing Tilda Doll
{After reading further down the page for this, I'm questioning the 'Cotton'.  I think it may be a blend.  But too late, I already love it and had to have it for this palette.  I searched and this was the only one I could find.  It says for 'bedding' well quilts go on beds, so there.  Anyway the reviews on the fabric we good, only one said it was thin, well lots of cotton is, sooooo.  Important thing here is that it's fabric that I love and this is my palette, soooooo, There it is!} 

Cuddle Plush Fabrics

Bella Solid by Moda Fabrics

I thought the perfect backing for this seasonal quilt really just jumped out at me.  I had to search for a source for it.  I even saw a comment on Pinterest that said someone found it at JoAnne’s.  I have never seen it at my local store; but then again I am in Alabama, not the best fabric choices around.  I searched high and low for this fabric after seeing the picture of it.  It was simply inspiring after just coming off our annual nativity event.  But I could only find it on EBay.  The first listing had already sold out.  Well, I didn’t want to post a listing that had already sold out, you know, in case you loved it as much or more than I did.  So here is another listing I found for it.    




Isn't that just darling, in my best Jenny Doan voice.  I love it!

That my loves is the last official Color Play Friday of the year 2015.  Make sure you head on over and check out Trina at In An Otter Life and Lorinda at Laurel and Pine to see their last color play of the year.  I can't wait to see what exciting choices they'll come up with the 2017.  Thank you so much for joining me on this adventure as I learned about quilting and in essence myself.  I look forward to sharing and getting to know you in the new year.  

Love and Shimmies, 



1 comment: