Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Monday Madness - The End and The Beginning

The End...

Sometimes in life things we love come to an end.  That's just the way it is sometimes.  It's okay, the world will not end, just that part of your life.

There are many things in life that we put out hearts and energy into.  We set our hearts on a specific goal and when opportunity presents itself we jump at it.  We plan and plan on what we need to make it work, then we take those steps to bring those thoughts, passions, and dreams to a reality.  Then we work to make it a positive experience not only for ourselves but for all those we share it with.

So what happens when interest doesn't pan out, when all the promises don't stand, when other things prevent would be supporters, or others just don't know about the opportunity at hand.  Do you blame yourself, do you think you fail, do you think you suck? Well heck, of course you do, at first.  I mean we are only human.

But, then we have to come to realize that the answer is no (well, sometimes, yes you make actually suck, but that's where good and honest self evaluation comes in, along with evaluations of those you hold in high regard).  Everything that happens to you is an opportunity to bring you one step closer to who you are meant to be.  In my case I like to think everything that has happened to me, good or bad, brings me one step closer to the daughter my father in Heaven wants me to be.  Because something you tried failed doesn't make YOU a failure.  What makes you a failure is not seeing the value in stepping out there and facing your fears.  Going after something that brings joy into your life and taking the opportunity to share it with others is all the better.

Let me explain, after spending 20 something years afraid of my own shadow I have learned the biggest failure is NOT trying for fear of failure.  If you have the opportunity to do something you love by all means take it.  Of course, you want to research it, make a plan, pray about it, but most of all DO something with it!!  So many times I have not done something because I was afraid I would fail.  Worried about what people would say, how would it look?  Frankly my dear, who gives a rats butt what people think of you taking the opportunities that life has presented to you.  People who want to look down on you will always find a reason to do so,  you don't live your life to make them happy.  If you're not breaking the law or the moral codes by which you live, and not infringing on the rights of others, honey press forward.  My happiness will not be placed in the hands of the very negative people who wish me ill will. 

In my 30 somethings I learned whenever an idea poped into my mind, I'd say, "Ohhhh, I like it so I'm going to go do it".  Was I still in fear, lol, yes most of the time.  But I pressed forward anyway and man oh man what a grand time I have had.  Have I been a great success in all of them?  Heck YEAH!  You know why, because the fear didn't keep me from doing something I wanted to do and most times I was decent to pretty good at whatever is was.  When I was not good at it I still learned so much about the task at hand that I still walked away a better person for it.  It gave me a better understanding the task if not for myself then to be used later to help someone else.  

So I stepped out there and did a very scary thing, forcing me out of my comfort zone and now I am more than I thought I could be because of this great experience.  How?  Well, let's see, I grew, l learned, I put myself in front of people (terrified), I shared what I loved, met new people,  I found out "Oh, honey, yes you can do this or that, even with shaking hands and knees!".   It was a nerve reckoning experience and I had blast every step of the way.  I know I am a better person for this experience.

But it is now time to say goodbye to that experience, well actually part of that experience.  Do I feel sadness, yes, am I depressed, no.  Will I miss it, yes of course.  It was a vital part of my life and at a much needed time in my life.  I hate change, but I know it is necessary in order to grow.  So as one chapter of my life ends so many more chapters have already begun. 

I feel so blessed to be at a point in my life where I now know these things.  So blessed for the amazing husband that I have, my own personal paparazzi, and to have a wonderful family who loves,  supports, and encourages me!  I love them all so very much!!   Now we have...

The Beginning...

Love and Shimmies, 

No comments:

Post a Comment