Friday, April 1, 2016

Color Play Friday - Rose Petals

Howdy Hon,

You know what day it is! Oh yeah baby, it time to play with some colors!

Welcome to another edition of Color Play Friday!

What is Color Play Friday, how do you play?  Well, CPF was created by Lorinda over at Laurel, Poppy, and Pine and her good friend Trina over at In An Otter Life.  They opened it for others to join the fun every week and here we are today; enjoying another round of fun.  If you'd like to get more details on CPF and how you can join the fun please contact the ladies at colorplayfriday@gmail.com.  They'll give you all the details including next week's photo.

Today's picture is brought to you by Lorinda, and believe it or not it's quite yummy I hear.  Usually I don't go for the monotone look with my palettes.  I like lots of rich regal colors.  But this time I decided to step out of my norm and go with a monotone palette.  Obviously I got a little off target towards the end, lol.  I tried.

We present to you this week's Color Play Friday - Rose Petals:


Now I have never thought to put rose petals in my salad, but thanks to Lorinda it's now on my bucket list.

Would you like to know where these this bundle came from:

Mendocino Collection by Heather Ross
for Windham Fabrics

by M.E. Hordyszynski
for Michael Millers Fabrics

Fruit Dots Collection by Melody Miller
for Cotton + Steel

Blueberry Park Collection by Karen Lewis
for Robert Kaufman Fabrics

Nocturnal Merlot Collection by Walk With Magic Studio
for Spoonflower

Fruit Dots Collection by Melody Miller
for Cotton + Steel

I used Moda Fabrics Palette Builder 2.1 Powered by Playcrafts to decide on my color palette for the photos.  The builder gives me a selection of Moda Bella Solids, Aurifil Threads and Hex Values for each of the photos.   I then use those selections to search for my fabric bundles.  I like finding "different" styles of fabrics.  Yes, sometimes wild, but hey, that's the beauty of loving fabric!  I'll also be using their hashtag #modapalettebuilder, per their request.  It's the least I can do to say thank you for providing a great tool.

There you have it hon!  Now please go check out the other ladies who are playing this week.  It's exciting to see the same picture from different perspectives.  If you would like to join us (that would be so awesome!) you can contact Lorinda and Trina @ 
colorplayfriday@gmail.com for all the details and next week's photo.

This week's players for ColorPlayFriday are:  
             Steph @ Shimmy and More (thank you so much for stopping by) 
                     Lorinda @ Laurel, Poppy, and Pine
                               Trina @ In An Otter Life
                                         Mindy @ Quilting Mayhem
                                                   Yvonne @ That's Sew Creative
                                                             Christina  @ Love Hazel Honey
                                                                                                                                                Sarah S. @ 123 Quilt
                                                                                       Jennifer @ Flickr
                                                                                                                         

You can also do a social media check for our palettes by using the hashtag 
#ColorPlayFriday.  You can check out my previous Color Play Friday posts here!


Love and Shimmies,



No comments:

Post a Comment