Friday, April 29, 2016

Color Play Friday: 80's Skate Party

Hello Hon,

Guess what today it is?  Of course you know, it's FRIDAY!  Aren't you happy to see the weekend arrive?!  I am.  Tomorrow we are working on the floor of our chicken coop and then I'm going to scrub down my stove and counter tops.  The rest of the day will be dedicated deep conditioning my natural hair while sewing a fabulous outfit for Toastmaster's Conference red carpet night.  Wish me luck!  I have two outfits in mind.  If I'm really good and stay on task I'll have both ready to take with me.  If I don't stay on task it'll be interesting to see which one makes the journey with me.  Of course I'll post it for this month's Marvelous Monday!  

But let's talk color!  Color Play Friday was created by Lorinda over at Laurel, Poppy, and Pine and her good friend Trina over at In An Otter Life.  They opened it for others to join the fun every week and here I am today, A Color Play Friday Girl, teehee.  If you'd like to get more details on CPF and how you can join the fun please contact the ladies at colorplayfriday@gmail.com.  They'll give you all the details including next week's photo.

I present this week's photo for ColorPlayFriday:

80's Skate Party


Today all my fabric choices were found at one place, Cook's Quilting site.  I found that Japanese fabrics and feel in love.  I really appreciate the beauty in their fabric.  I tried to pull all my choices from that fabric, but...it began to look at little dysfunctional for this color palette, LOL.  So I had to let it go on a couple of choices.  But I could not let go of the ones I had already chosen.  So if you'd like to know that information on this fabrics here you go:

by Cicely Mary Barker 
for Michael Miller
by Kona Bay

Blue Water Texture, Reel It in
by Moda

Bright Green with Spiral Patterns
by Timeless Treasures

I wanted the fabrics to reflect movement, because that was the way my brain interpreted the photo.  Action packed and fun.  So I tried to pick fabrics, in Japanese mostly, that were action or at least moving and flowing.  I love when a palette makes me sway back and forth and internalize the movement of the fabrics.  

I used Moda Fabrics Palette Builder 2.1 Powered by Playcrafts to decide on my color palette for the photos.  The builder gives me a selection of Moda Bella Solids, Aurifil Threads and Hex Values for each of the photos.   I then use those selections to search for my fabric bundles.  I like finding "different" styles of fabrics.  Yes, sometimes wild, but hey, that's the beauty of loving fabric!  I'll also be using their hashtag #modapalettebuilder, per their request.  It's the least I can do to say thank you for providing a great tool.

There you have it hon!  Now please go check out the other ladies who are playing this week.  It's exciting to see the same picture from different perspectives.  If you would like to join us (that would be so awesome!) you can contact Lorinda and Trina @ 
colorplayfriday@gmail.com for all the details and next week's photo.

This week's players for ColorPlayFriday are:  
             Steph @ Shimmy and More (thank you so much for stopping by) 
                     Lorinda @ Laurel, Poppy, and Pine
                               Trina @ In An Otter Life
                                         Mindy @ Quilting Mayhem
                                                   Bethany @ Sew Not Perfect
                                                             Jennifer @ Flickr
                                                                                                               Sarah S. @ 123 Quilt 
                                                                                                                         

You can also do a social media check for our palettes by using the hashtag 
#ColorPlayFriday.  You can check out my previous Color Play Friday posts here!


Love and Shimmies,


No comments:

Post a Comment