Friday, October 16, 2015

Color Play Friday: Jellyfish

Good Morning Hon,

It's Friday, time to play with a fun picture and some color.

Although this week has not been any better than last week, I am more excited about the awesome photo posted of Lorinda's.  It a jellyfish who appears to be washed up on land.  If you remember last week I told you about Lorinda and Trina's offer to have others join them on their Color Play Friday's blog posts.  Each week a photo is chosen from their Color Play Friday pinterest board.  Each person has to chose a color palette for that picture.  Once you have your palette you have to chose the fabrics based on that color palette.  The ladies have opened the invitation up to all, so if sewing is not your media you can use yarn, scrapbook paper, paint, etc.   If you would like to join you may contact the ladies here and here.

I have always been fascinated with the dangerous beauty of jellyfish.  To me they are kind of, mystical.  Here we have one little guy washed up on rocky shores, probably wondering what the heck happened and how did he land up there.  More importantly how was he going to get himself home safely.  He takes a moment to rest and survey his surroundings.  At the same time I imagine he is plotting his escape from the rocky shores back into the his wonderfully spacious home.  At least that's how I imagine it.

I felt like the color scheme should be lots of neutral colors with just a bit of a pop, but still neutral.  I have been imagining what interesting quilt blocks I could make with the palette using the pop of color for sashing and borders.

Here is the picture and my color palette (I was in a hurry to finish so I did all the "shopping" for this colorplay on Fabric.com):




Brand Cotton + Steel
Designer Alexia Abegg

Brand Wilmington Prints

Brand Andover
Designer The Henley Studio

Brand Premier Prints


Brand Spechler-Vogel



Don't forget to check out Trina over at In An Otter Life and Lorinda over at Laurel and Pine to see what cool colorplays they came up with for the Jellyfish photo.

Have a great weekend, don't forget to catch Make-It-Monday.  We are enjoying our son's retirement event this week so there was not a Quilty Thursday, because I did not have a chance to work on the new blocks (they are announced separately and on different days).  Two weeks in and I'm already behind schedule, but not really.  I am so happy this is not a race and I am allowed to move at my own pace.

Love and Shimmies,


No comments:

Post a Comment