Friday, October 9, 2015

Color Play Friday: NYC Tour Bus

Hello Hon,

I know you've heard from me a lot this week huh?  LOL, don't you love it, well, I love it.  It's been my happy time.  School and scheduling and one car and scouts, blah blah blah.... right, everyone it busy.  So today was a struggle but I decided to put on my big girl panties and drag my pitiful self out of bed.  I knew I had to make this post today because I said I would, honest and consistently.  Sigh.

Because I remembered it's Friday, that brings me to Color Play Time.  So thank you Trina and Lorinda for giving me another thing to love about Friday's (of course, date night being number one).

Trina's picture for this week was so vivid and exciting to stare at.  Add the fact that she was touring one of the most happening places in the world, New York City!  My daughter's dream was to visit or move there, I told her I would not visit her, lol.  I love the tights that Trina was wearing in the picture and they just made me feel like she was the apple of New York that day.  So I decided to make my palette fun and free.  Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) you get to be expose to my wicky since of humor because..., wellllll, that's just how I feel today.  Funky and dark.  You're either gonna love it or hate it, either way is OK with me.  I embrace today's dark weirdness wholeheartedly!  Let me know what you think, by the way, today I'm wearing my thick skin, so you can be honest, lol.

This is my first Color Play Friday, sigh, I wish I felt more like the picture had originally inspired in me!  But here is the picture and my color palette:  #ColorPlayFriday



by Greta Lynn from Benartex

by Baum Textile Mills from Windam Fabrics

by Prairie Grass Patterns from Moda

Paris 2015 by Timeless Treasures

from Loom Exquisite Textiles  (another search find)

I found this cool fabric designer in a random search, her name is Auntie Chris, you can find her at her website here and her Art Fire page here .  I think I’m in love with her, in a purely quilting crush kind of way.  The fabric that brought me to her site (I love it) I had to take out of the fabric choices because it was just too bold for the other designs, however, I did manage to find this one: 
  


Be sure to check out Trina at An Otter Life and Lorinda at LaurelandPine for their colorplay palettes. 

FYI~ this is the fabric that drew me to find her: 
Teenage Girl Squeallll!!!!!

                                                        
                                      
                                                         Don't you just lovvvvvvve it?!




Okay the color scheme fabric choices, I know the craziest thing you'll see all day, all week.  But there it is.  I know what you're thinking.  She's crazy!  I don't care how she feels today, there is no way any sane person can make those selections work.  I never said I was sane, [insert evil laugh here] wahahah.  Challenge accepted and fabric ordered!  Stay tuned! 

Of course, if you really want to see something cute check out my previous post of my first three blocks for my Farmers Wife 1930's quilt along.  Now they make sense and are stinking cute.  Uh, so I'm told.  

Love and not so Shimmy today, 


No comments:

Post a Comment