Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wrap-It Wednesday

Hello Hon,

Happy Hump day!  Woo-woot, hang in there, we're half way through.

I have learned to love my natural hair over the years.  We have finally become good friends.  As long as we both understand that I can do whatever I want to her, and she is going to do whatever she wants in response.  When I am patient and take time to do techniques I know she likes everything works lovely.  When I am lazy and tired of detangling over and over, she let's me know how displeased she is.

Protective styles are simply as most, even if it's just for the day.  One of my favorite protective (and lazy) style is wearing a headwrap, also know as a pashmina, tichel, bonnet, turban, hijab, gele, scarf, etc.  I absolutely love them all.  I don't care what name you call it, I love wrapping my hear with material of some sort.  I have some of each of the styles previously mentioned.  Each one has it's own unique character and I like to dabble in them all.

So I thought maybe once or twice a month I would share one with you.

This week is one of my favorites:







This is actually a pashmina scarf and a silky like scarf I order, I'll give you the name's once I make sure it's okay (I'll include that with the all, in case you are looking for places, and not all are ordered from shops!).  Once I wrapped the two around in a way that was satisfying to me, I topped it off with a pretty little coordinating flower.  Oh my gosh, I felt so pretty with that wrap event though I was just in a simple skirt and blouse for church.  

Hope that gives you some inspiration for your next wrap.  I will be doing some tutorials on my YouTube channel in a couple of weeks.  I promised a friend I would do some for her.  Let's see that was about a year or so ago, yep, I'm right now schedule, NOT.  I'm thinking I'll do these posts on first and third Wednesday's of the month, YouTube videos's at the same time.

That's is for now lovies.  Remember be kind to your hair and protect her always!

Love and Shimmies, 




4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pashima; it's gorgeous. I should do something like that! I noticed that my daughter has
    been playing around with similar head/hair pieces and she looks lovely too, like you.

    Don't ask me how I found you! I think that happens a lot in blog land, but I'll be sure to come back.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sally,

      Thank you so much and thanks for checking out the blog. I bet your daughter is having as much fun as I am playing with them. I have so many of them right now that they broke the specialty hanger I made for them. Thank goodness for Ikea!

      I hope you do stop by again. I'll be posting more Wrap-It Wednesdays as well as some of my favorite recipes for the skin and natural hair products I like to make!

      Steph

      Delete
  2. Fabulous pashmia scarf! This olive color is really good to you. I think that such a wonderful head wear would be great to girls with long hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I love them, anyone care wear them and feel comfortable in them.

      Delete